The IFVP is organized as a 501(c)(6) registered in the state of California, USA.
As a 501(c)(6) the IFVP is categorized as a trade association and empowered to:
- Promote our common business interest
- Engage in limited campaign activities
The characteristics an organization must possess to meet IRC 501(c)(6) requirements are:
- 1. It must be an association of persons having some common business interest and its purpose must be to promote this common business interest;
- 2. It must be a membership organization and have a meaningful extent of membership support;
- 3. It must not be organized for profit;
- 4. No part of its net earnings may inure to the benefit of any private shareholder or individual;
- 5. Its activities must be directed to the improvement of business conditions of one or more lines of business as distinguished from the performance of particular services for individual persons;
- 6. Its primary activity does not consist of performing particular services for individual persons; and
- 7. Its purpose must not be to engage in a regular business of a kind ordinarily carried on for profit, even if the business is operated on a cooperative basis or produces only sufficient income to be self-sustaining.
We are not a 501(c)(3) charitable organization so we cannot offer tax deductions for charitable contributions.