Brian Tarallo is the managing director of Lizard Brain. He is a facilitator who specializes in visual methods and virtual meetings. He facilitates clients through illustrating their visions, seeing their strategies, and mapping their futures. Brian brings facilitation to federal agencies, national associations, and companies in the healthcare, defense, engineering, and consulting industries.
His TEDx talk, “What’s Wrong with This Picture,” on the power of visual note taking in education, has over 16,000 combined views. He co-authored the book, "The World of Visual Facilitation."
Brian has served as a business process improvement manager for a federal agency, a subject matter expert for the Army’s “Red Team School” (UFMCS - the University of Foreign Military and Cultural Studies), an operations manager and later a senior consultant for a Washington, DC-based consulting firm, an associate and later an associate partner for a Washington, DC-based engineering firm, a project manager and an operations manager for a national development firm, and a development volunteer for the U.S. Peace Corps.
- 15 years of experience in facilitation, strategic planning, leadership development and training, organizational development, team development, and visual consulting
- MBA focusing in development and finance, Arizona State University
- International Association of Facilitators (IAF) Certified Professional Facilitator (CPF) and IAF member
- Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP)
- MBTI® Master Practitioner, one of 160 globally
- Certified to administer the FIRO-B Assessment, the Grove Team Performance Model (TPM), and Lominger Leadership Architect®
- Trainer and associate, the Grove Consultants International
- Founder, OGSystems Visioneering Team
- Founder, NOVA Scribes Meetup Group
- Member of and presenter at the International Forum of Visual Practitioners (IFVP), the Chesapeake Bay Organizational Development Network (CBODN), and the Mid-Atlantic Facilitators' Network (MAFN)
- TEDx speaker (TEDxLizardCreek 2014)
- Trained and experienced in delivering Red Team Facilitation, Blue Ocean Strategy, the Grove Consultants’ Strategic Visioning, Generative Scribing, Kinesthetic Modeling, Lego® Serious Play®, Crucial Conversations, the Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI), the Organizational Cultural Assessment Indicator (OCAI), Social Styles, the Tuckman Model of Team Development, and Lencioni’s Five Dysfunctions of a Team